It’s full of herbs. Yes! That’s what comes to my mind when I hear about…
Southern Comfort Prices and Related Facts
Southern Comfort drinks, named initially as Cuffs & Buttons, is a liqueur that has flavors of whiskey, which was introduced in 1874 in the United States by Martin Wilkes Heron. Most people think of it being a whiskey or bourbon or scotch, but it is a liqueur which is made from grain-neutral spirit base, fruit, spices, and a little bourbon.
Southern Comfort whiskey is fruity and robust, which makes it a great cocktail. The popularity of Southern Comfort cocktails says it all, as it is an easy to drink whiskey type drink, which is not a whiskey.
Southern Comfort Whiskey Price
The prices of Southern Comfort drinks vary with the type. The cost can range from $17.49 to $32.99, depending upon the quantity of the drink and bottle sizes.
Southern Comfort 100 proof price starts from $19.99 for a 750ml bottle and $31.82 for a 1.75ml bottle. Southern Comfort price 750ml is $17.49, and the Southern Comfort price 1.75l is $32.99.
Southern Comfort Prices
|Type||Size||Price of Southern Comfort|
|Southern Comfort Bold Black Cherry||750ml||$17.49|
Southern Comfort is made from the spirit and has fruits and spices with the flavors of whiskey. It is available in Southern Comfort 100 proof, Southern Comfort 80 proof, Southern Comfort 70 proof, and Southern Comfort 42 proof as well.
Southern Comfort Properties
- It is also called or abbreviated as SoCo.
- Originally, whiskey was used as the base spirit for the drink.
- It is a 140 years old secret recipe.
- Created out of epicurean necessity, the traditional serving of the drink is right out from the barrel.
- The official trademark of SoCo is “None Genuine But Mine.”
- It won a gold medal at the 1904 St. Louis World Fair for its excellent quality and exquisite taste.
- It has set higher benchmarks for other liquors.
- It can create great flavors when paired with other cocktails as well.
- The original Southern Comfort recipe had cinnamon, lemon, cloves, oranges, cherries, honey, and some amount of whiskey.
- The ingredients helped make the drink sweet and smooth.
- The original recipe of Soco is still a secret, and the competitors have yet not been able to match the quality standards of the drink.
- The drink continues to lead the market for 150 years.
- It is the first original drink of New Orleans.
- It was also called “Cuffs and buttons” earlier.
Southern Comfort Serving Suggestions
- Add equal parts of SoCo and Vodka, fill up with ice.
- Now, top with Orange juice.
Southern Comfort Recipes
The Southern Comfort alcohol percentage is around 35% in a drink. There are various Southern Comfort cocktails. Southern comfort flavors show a variety which ranges from SoCo, Vodka, peach, sweet tea, cherry, cocktail, lemonade Southern comfort recipes are available on the internet as well. Different drinks made with southern comfort are,
- 1 part SoCo
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- ½ part club soda
- Dash of cherry juice
- Squeeze of lime
Mix all the ingredients together and serve chilled.
- 1 ½ oz SoCo
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- Lemon-lime soda
Add SoCo and lime juice to Collins glass filled with ice and add lemon-lime soda on top.
- 2 oz SoCo 80 proof
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Aromatic Bitters
Pour all ingredients into glass full of ice. Stir well and strain into another glass. Garnish as per will.
Compositions Of Soco
Southern comfort is composed of the following ingredients –
- Vanilla beans
- Cinnamon stick
Southern Comfort Eggnog Recipe is a traditional and unique one that uses creamy and rich premium eggnog, served chilled with a splash of southern comfort. The SoCo Eggnog Recipe is also available on the internet and is seasonally available through various retailers. It is available in two variants – traditional flavor and vanilla flavor.
Interesting Facts about Southern Comfort
- For 1 shot, Southern Comfort, there are around 65 calories.
- Calories in Southern Comfort 100 proof are 95 calories.
- 750ml of Southern Comfort cost around $16.
- The SoCo prices can go upto $33.
- American pilots in WWII had named their planes Southern Comfort to share their love for the drink.
- The drink didn’t contain whiskey flavor for many years.
- It is not a whiskey.
- It is a liqueur which is also referred to as the spirit of New Orleans.
- The base of the liqueur was changed from whiskey to a neutral grain spirit over time.
- It also featured a sign that said, “Two per customer. No gentleman would ask for more.”
- It also has other honorary cocktails made with it like Scarlett O’Hara.
- It helped in the re-introduction of flavored whiskey to a new generation.
- The brand, when paired with a squeeze of lime, is also termed as a shooter.
What is Southern Comfort?
It is a liqueur infused with flavors of whiskey.
Is Southern Comfort whiskey?
No, it is just infused with flavors of whiskey.
What to mix with Southern Comfort?
You can mix it with Vodka or orange juice.
What kind of liquor is Southern Comfort?
It is a whiskey liqueur.
What does Southern Comfort taste like?
Most southern comfort reviews describe its taste as apricoty.
How many calories in Southern Comfort?
There are around 65-95 calories in Southern Comfort.
Is Southern Comfort Gluten Free?
The drink has been ranked 7/10 on the gluten free confidence score.
Where is Southern Comfort made?
It is manufactured in New Orleans.
How to drink Southern Comfort?
You can have Southern Comfort by adding vermouth and aromatic bitters and ice.
What proof is Southern Comfort?
Southern Comfort is available at 42 US proof, 70 US proof, 80 US proof and 100 US proof.
How much is Southern Comfort?
It costs from $15.99 to $32.99.
What mixes well with Southern Comfort?
Vodka and orange juice mixes well with Southern comfort.
How many carbs in Southern Comfort?
There are 2.7g carbs in Southern Comfort.
How much is a bottle of Southern Comfort?
The bottle can be 750ml to 1.75l.
How much sugar is in Southern Comfort?
It is not huge but a small amount of sugar in Southern Comfort.
Southern Comfort, or SoCo, is a popular drink that is made from spirit and fruits and spices, mixed with Vodka and orange juice. The drink has successfully maintained its popularity and customers through its life period of 150 years and continues to enthrall the customers with its taste and properties. The drink is not only versatile and can be clubbed with other cocktails effortlessly, but also provides an unmatched quality to the customers, which no other drink so far has been able to do. Hope this Southern Comfort Prices article is useful for you.
This Post Has 0 Comments