Johnnie Walker is one of the most widely sold brands of blended scotch whiskey. John Walker founded it in the Scottish town of Kilmarnock. John Walker started selling these around 1825. Although earlier there were only a few blends available, by the end of the century, the number increased noticeably.
The most famous slogan for the brand came out in the 1900s. It said ‘Johnnie Walker: Born 1820. Still going strong,’ The logo was that of a striding man, which did keep changing over the years.
Johnnie Walker Price Ranges
The prices of Johnnie Walker vary depending on the weight of the product as well as the type of blend it is like, red label, blue label, green label, gold label, black label, etc. The Johnnie Walker price per can also vary from store to store; for example, Johnnie Walker prices at Walmart are considerably lower than Johnnie Walker prices at Costco. For a 1.75 liter bottle, the prices can easily range from 33$ to 60$.
Prices of Johnnie Walker at Stores
|Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whiskey||1.75l||$35.99|
|Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whiskey||1.75l||$33.47|
|Johnnie Walker Red Label Blended Scotch Whiskey||750ml||$20.28|
|Costco Johnny Walker Scotch Prices|
|Johnnie Walker Red Label Price Blended Scotch Whiskey||1.75l||$34.39|
|Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whiskey||1.75l||$59.29|
|Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whiskey||750ml||$163.99|
Johnny Walker Whisky Prices for all Types
|Johnny Walker Types||Size||Price|
|Johnnie Walker Double Black Price Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$41.99 – $44.99|
|Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$79.99 – $89.99|
|Johnnie Walker Green Label||750ml||$59.99 – $69.99|
|Johnnie Walker Red Label Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$22.99 – $24.99|
|Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years||750ml||$189.99 – $209.99|
|Johnnie Walker Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$150.00 – $180.99|
|Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky||750ml||$29.99 – $32.99|
Johnnie Walker Properties
Calories in Johnnie Walker black label has about 105 and contains about 15 grams of alcohol. A Johnnie Walker label has about 43% alcohol content in it. The Johnnie Walker black nutrition facts do not claim to have any added sugar or fats or any other beneficial or non-beneficial ingredients.
Ways to consume Johnnie Walker
There are multiple ways to consume the Johnnie Walker labels. You can mix it up with different amounts of various drinks and cook up new cocktails. The type of the label is decided based on the occasion, the Johnnie Walker platinum labels, for example, are brought out for big occasions. Johnny Walker colors are used to differentiate amongst the different labels that they provide.
Do’s and Don’ts
There are some basic do’s, and don’ts that we need to or should follow while drinking any strong alcohol and not just Johnnie Walker labels.
- For the first time drinkers, drinking the label ‘neat’ is a good option to get a taste of the real label with no dilution.
- The best way to consume this drink is to take it in slowly, taste every bit of it with each sip.
- To open up the flavor of the whiskey, you can add ice or water depending on your intake preference.
- To try a historic taste, you can add a cube of sugar and then the bitter alcohol on top.
- Drinking the whole bottle in a go is not suggested.
- Consuming the drink at a fast pace is not advised.
- Refrain from over-drinking the scotch, try making cocktails using it.
- Only consume the authentic and original Johnnie Walker labels; fake ones have been reported to cause health issues in consumers.
Interesting facts about Johnnie Walker
There is a lot of interesting stuff about Johnnie Walker labels and prices that many people are not aware of; one is that Johnnie Walker labels are the most widely sold drinks worldwide.
- The Johnnie Walker blends are made up of a mixture of finest flavors from four different parts of Scotland.
- Johnnie Walker blue label anniversary edition was formulated to celebrate Johnnie Walker’s birthday.
- There is a bottle of Johnnie Walker that costs $22,000. It is the most expensive Johnnie Walker.
- Also, Johnnie Walker blue label has won many awards and is counted amongst the world’s best drinks.
Johnnie Walker Recipes
Johnnie Walker labels are often mixed with various other drinks to enhance taste or make it suitable for our liking. There are a few famous cocktails that are featured on the blends website itself. These can be used as a reference when pouring a drink for one-self.
- Red Matsu: This drink takes its inspiration from the Matsu islands. It’s a mix of 1oz of Johnnie Walker red label, ¾ oz fino sherry, ¼ oz Campari and you are good to go.
- Scottish daisy: This drink is a good choice for any margarita drinker. It is a mix of ½ oz Johnnie red label, ¼ oz tawny, ¼ oz elderflower liqueur, ¾ oz fresh lemon juice, ¾ oz red apple syrup, 5 cardamom pods.
- Me Quiero Casar: This drink comes from a song lyric, is a blend of 1 ½ oz of Johnnie Walker, ¾ oz Zacapa sweetened milk, 1 oz almond milk, ¾ oz cold brew coffee.
Bans on Johnnie Walker Labels
The brand has time and again dodged bans due to packaging, slogans, consumption, etc. It got out of a huge loss by getting into an agreement with the explorer’s club. There are a few countries across the world that have banned the drink still, but Johnnie Walker scotch labels have been the most widely sold drinks across the world.
Where is Johnnie Walker made?
The Johnnie Walker labels are made or formulated in the Johnnie Walker distilleries located worldwide
How much is the Johnnie Walker blue label?
Depending on the size of the bottle, a Johnnie Walker blue label may go up to about $200.
How long is Johnnie Walker blue label aged?
According to the label, a Johnnie Walker blue label is aged for 25 years
How to drink Johnnie Walker black label?
The black label or any other Johnnie Walker whiskey for that matter is advised to be drunk by taking in its essence first and then drinking it.
How much is the Johnnie Walker black label?
The Johnnie Walker black label price sum up-to about $40 depending on the quantity.
How to drink Johnnie Walker?
Johnnie Walker or any other whiskey for that matter is advised to be drunk by taking in its essence first and then drinking it.
How much is the Johnnie Walker gold label?
The Johnnie Walker gold label price is around $85, again depending on the size of the bottle.
How much is Johnnie Walker’s double black price?
This Johnnie Walker labels prices retails for an estimated $35.
How much is a fifth of Johnnie Walker black label?
Depending on the quantity of the Johnnie Walker bottle, a fifth of the label varies. For example, in a 750ml bottle, a fifth is about 150ml of the drink.
How old is Johnnie Walker?
The Johnnie Walker brand itself is about 200 years old, whereas the age of the bottle varies depending on the label.
How many calories are present in a shot of Johnnie Walker black label?
In a 1.5 oz shot of Johnnie Walker, there are about 108 calories.
The Johnnie Walker label prices vary depending on the quantity, Johnnie Walker colors that decide the Johnnie Walker labels. The different labels are aged. Differently, costlier the label, more is its aging. Johnnie Walker review from users have been good.
Thus it is one of the most widely sold brands. Several johnny Walker recipes can be made with the labels. The Johnnie Walker Prices seem to be fair when compared to the taste and experience that the Johnnie Walker labels provide.