The Maker's Mark whiskey dates back to the year of 1958, with its founder T.…
Bulleit Bourbon is a brand of Kentucky whiskey, popularly known for its high content of rye and aged for six years. This whiskey is produced at the Kirin Brewing Company Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. This bourbon is a modern brand and was established in the year 1999. But according to Tom Bulleit, the first batch of bourbon was made in the year 1830.
He is the great-great-grandson of Augustus Bulleit, who is the original creator of the bourbon. His grandfather worked to produce this whiskey until he died in 1860. The original recipe that Augustus used to make this whiskey was using two-thirds of rye and one-third of corn, which now in today’s world would make a rye whiskey, not bourbon. But Tom Bulleit started distilling his produce in the year 1987. His whiskey had a high rye content and he also aged the whiskey more than what Augustus Bulleit used to. Tom makes sure that most of the phenol is filtered out.
Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey Prices
The Bulleit Bourbon prices varies from place to place. The 750 mL Bulleit bourbon price ranges from $28 to $36. Places like CVS charge $35.99 for the 750 mL, whereas Bulleit bourbon at Target will cost you $29, and Bulleit rye 750 mL will cost you the same. The same at Walmart will cost you $27.9 for Bulleit bourbon and $30.2 for Bulleit rye, both 750 mL.
Bulleit Bourbon Price List
|Type||Size||Bulleit Bourbon Cost|
Properties of Bulleit Bourbon
Bulleit bourbon has a lot of rye that it can even pass as a rye whiskey. It is 68 percent corn and 28 percent rye. This amount of rye is more than half of what is mandatory to make rye whiskey.
Though it is said that Augustus Bulleit died in the year 1960, there is a lot of mystery shrouded around his death. It is said that in the year 1960, Augustus decided to take a big load of whiskey barrels in a boat and left for New Orleans to sell it probably. He took off and was never found despite having several search parties sent for him.
The Bulleit rye whiskey came into being in the year 2011. It contains a whopping 95 percent of rye. Tom Bulleit and his daughter Hollis developed this whiskey. Tom decided to produce rye whiskey, especially for bartenders. Bulleit bourbon was a hit in California, and at that time, when customers ordered rye whiskey cocktails, there was no rye whiskey to complete their orders, that is when Tom Bulleit decided to produce rye whiskey.
Bulleit whiskey tastes best with barbeque, and that is also Tom Bulleit’s favorite way to consume this beverage.
Best way to consume Bulleit Bourbon
According to Tom Bulleit, he prefers the BLT known as Betsy’s little treat (Betsy being Tom’s wife) is bourbon, lemon, and tonic. His other go-to cocktail is the RGL, which is rye whiskey, ginger beer, and lime.
- You can have Bulleit bourbon on the rocks.
- You can have it straight.
- You can have it with water.
- You have Bulleit bourbon with ginger ale.
- You can have it with soda or club soda.
But there are different and delicious ways to consume this liquor. Check out these Bulleit bourbon recipes:
First and foremost, we have all heard about the whiskey sour.
Whiskey sour Ingredients are
- 1 ½ oz. of Bulleit bourbon
- A teaspoon of lemon juice
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- One orange slice
Bulleit Bloody Mary: Ingredients are
- 1 ¼ oz. of Bulleit bourbon
- 4 oz of bloody Mary mix
- Worcestershire sauce
- A slice of bacon
- Sprinkled bacon bits.
Let us talk about something simple shall we live a bourbon lemonade.
- 1 1/3 oz Bulleit bourbon
- 4 oz of lemonade
- 1 slice of lemon
Here is your bourbon lemonade.
Some cocktails made with Bulleit Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz. of Bulleit rye, ½ ox. of sweet vermouth, three dashes of aromatic bitters, and one cherry there you have it the rye Manhattan.
- To make Hot Toddy 1 1/3 oz. Bulleit rye, 4-5 cloves, one lemon twist, ¼ lemon juice, one teaspoon brown sugar, and hot water.
- Ryes up: requires 3/5 oz. of Bulleit rye, ¼ oz. of sweet vermouth, 1/5 oz. of elderflower liqueur, a dash of aromatic bitters, a dash of Peychaud’s bitters, and ¼ oz of Cognac.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Check the seal of the bottle whenever you buy it.
- Since they are glass bottles so handle with care, they can be slippery and simply break.
- Serve it in proper glasses.
- Do not buy the bottle whose seal is tampered.
- Consuming too much alcohol is harmful to health, can cause alcohol poisoning leading to death, and causes brain damage.
Some interesting facts about Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey
- Bulleit bourbon is gluten-free.
- Bulleit bourbon calories: a single shot of Bulleit bourbon gives you 108 calories.
- Bulleit bourbon whiskey is yet to have its distillery.
- Bulleit bourbon taste notes are quite oaky and smoky and smooth with a vibrant russet color. It is not all hot in the throat, it’s dry, smooth. The complex taste gives you a hint of vanilla, honey, and leaves a smoky finish in your mouth.
- In terms of nutrition Bulleit bourbon, nutrition has 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 protein, and contains 15g of alcohol in one shot.
- The ten-year-old Bulleit bourbon whiskey ranges above $47.
- The Bulleit bourbon is a family recipe.
- The vintage bottle in which Bulleit bourbon is packaged is a patented art. Bulleit even recently sued Redemption whiskey for trademark infringement.
Bulleit Bourbon Recipes
1. Kentucky mule
- 1.25 oz of Bulleit bourbon
- ½ oz of fresh lime juice
- 1 top ginger ale
- 1 lime wedge
How to make it
You just need a mug. You can simply build the drink in a copper cup. Stir and garnish with a lime wedge, and voila, you have the Kentucky mule.
2. Bourbon swizzle
- 1.3 oz Bulleit bourbon
- 1 oz of lemon juice
- 0.75 oz of simple syrup
- ¼ of ginger syrup
- 3 mint sprigs (only leaves, remove the stems)
- 3 dashes of aromatic bitters
- 3 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
How to make it
You will need a highball glass, jigger, a knife, and a swizzle stick. Dry shake, then pour that into a tall highball glass. Keep the mint at the bottom and then top with ice and swizzle. Garnish with the three dashes of each of the aromatics and Peychaud’s bitters. Add a mint sprig and candied ginger.
3. Frontier old fashioned
- 1.25 oz Bulleit bourbon
- 2 bar spoons of simple syrup
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 orange peel
How to make it
You are going to need a rocks glass, one jigger, ice, knife, and bar spoon. Add two bar spoons of simple syrup. Then add three dashes of bitters and Bulleit bourbon to the rocks glass. After that, add ice, stir gently and bring the ice and liquid to equal levels. Add the zest of the orange peel over the glass and then use the same peel as garnish.
Likewise, you can make different Bulleit Bourbon Drinks and have it.
More on Bulleit Bourbon
In the year 1997, Seagram company Ltd a Canadian multinational conglomerate, bought the Bulleit brand and started distilling it in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. They decided to bring this brand to the Australian, German, and UK markets in the year 2000. Before that, it was introduced in the US markets in 1999. Diageo plc acquired Seagram’s assets and produced using the plant in Lawrenceburg. Diageo then went on to open a new Bulleit distillery in 2017 in Shelby County, Kentucky and can produce a massive amount of 1.8 million proof gallons a year.
Is Bulleit Bourbon gluten free?
Yes, the Bulleit bourbon is gluten-free.
How much is the cost of Bulleit Bourbon?
Based on the place where you buy Bulleit Bourbon and how aged the whiskey is, the price ranges from $29 to $50.
How to drink Bulleit Bourbon?
Best way to drink Bulleit Bourbon is,
Best way to drink Bulleit Bourbon is,
You can have Bulleit bourbon on the rocks.
You can have it straight.
You can have it with water.
You have Bulleit bourbon with ginger ale.
You can have it with soda or club soda.
Or you can refer to any of the recipes mentioned above in the article.
How much is a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon?
A bottle of Bulleit Bourbon 750ml Price ranges from $28 to $35. The same goes for the rye whiskey.
How many calories are there in Bulleit Bourbon?
A single shot of Bulleit Bourbon has 108 calories.
How many carbs are there in Bulleit Bourbon?
According to the nutrition facts, Bulleit Bourbon has 0 carbs.
Bulleit Bourbon has a long-standing family recipe discovered by Augustus Bulleit in 1830. Bulleit has two options: the Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit rye whiskey. The Bulleit Bourbon Prices of bottle varies from place to place. The whiskey has a unique and complex taste. It does not burn in the throat and is smooth. One can be creative and try the various recipes of cocktails using the whiskey. If you love whiskey, then you will love this Bulleit Bourbon.